Oral Presentation Session
Even though it's not possible to organize the oral presentation session in the way we are all used to and to meet every single one of you in person this year again, we are glad to announce the opportunity to present your research in virtual space!
There will be different sessions divided throughout the 4 days of the conference based on the topics they discuss. Your oral presentations will be placed in these sessions depending on your research topic.
Please remember that the number of oral presentations will be very limited, so we ask you to register as soon as possible.
Dates of the oral presentation sessions: (there might be some changes)
* You have the right to withdraw from the oral presentation session before 14th February and ask for a full refund (write to email@example.com). After February 14th, in the event of withdrawal, no refund will be possible.
Requirements for abstracts:
- The abstract must be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- The word count of the abstract must be between 300-500 words.
- We strongly recommend providing references used in your abstract.
- We recommend using the given abstract template.
- The abstract must be written in clear, fluent English. It is the presenter's responsibility to revise the submitted work as it will be published as received, and no grammatical or style corrections will be possible.
- Acceptance criteria for the abstracts:
- Clarity – the objectives of the research presented are clearly described.
- Significance and novelty of research;
- Methods used and described are appropriate to reach the desired objectives of the research.
- Presentation – the abstract is structured logically, clearly written, and free of grammatical errors.
- The abstract will be rejected if:
- It is not appropriate – the content of the abstract must be relevant to the life sciences.
- It is promotional – the abstract was written to promote a product or method.
- The primary author submits more than one abstract – a primary author is allowed to present only one oral presentation but can be a co-author of another oral presentation.
Requirements for presentations:
- Talks will be allotted 15 minutes total. Your presentation should last for 10-12 minutes, leaving 3-5 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Presentations must be prepared with MS PowerPoint.
- Presentations must be in English.
- The presenter must send the presentation slides to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25th February, 12:00 EET. By doing this, you ensure that organizers have time to check whether your presentation works with the conference's computer.
Here we provide the Evaluation Form. Please remember, that the organizers reserve the right to make necessary changes to the evaluation form without any additional notice.
It is important to remember that the organizers may provide additional points during the oral presentation evaluation session if:
- you send your slides in time;
- your abstract satisfies all given requirements (see above);
- you compose your abstract using the template provided;
- your presentation doesn't exceed the total 15 minutes limit and you leave at least 3 minutes for questions and discussion.