Poster Session for University Students
Requirements and Evaluation
Please note that these abstract and poster presentation requirements must be met for your work to be accepted.
- The abstract must be submitted following two weeks after registration (but no later than the 14th of March, 2021). After these two weeks, your registration will be terminated, but you may ask for a full refund. No refund will be possible after the final deadline on the 14th of March, 2021.
- The abstract can be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- An abstract’s word count must be between 300-500 words.
- We recommend using the given abstract template.
- The abstract must be written in clear, fluent English. The presenter’s responsibility is to revise submitted work as it will be published as received, and no grammatical or style corrections will be made.
- You may make some abstract changes after it’s submission, but no alterations can be made after the final submission deadline (14th of March, 2021, 23:59 EET).
- Abstract factors that qualify for its acceptance:
- Clarity – the objectives of the research presented are clearly described.
- Significance and novelty of research.
- Methods – methods used and described are appropriate to reach the desired objectives of the research.
- Presentation – abstract is logical, interesting, clearly written, and free of grammatical errors.
- The abstract will be rejected if:
- It is not appropriate – the content of the abstract must be relevant to the life sciences.
- It is promotional – the abstract was written to promote a product or method.
- Primary Author submits more than one abstract – a primary author is allowed to present only one poster but can be a co-author of another poster presentation.
- The poster must be submitted in PDF format.
- Organizers must receive your poster no later than the 14th of March, 2021, 23:59 EET.
- Posters will be accepted only in English.
- To receive the Poster Presentation certificate, the presenter must be present during the evaluation session and the main poster session (exceptions may apply).
Optional: In order to receive additional points during the poster session, please provide a short (up to 5 min) pre-recorded presentation of your research no later than the 14th of March, 2021. We ask you to send the recording via online file sharing platform (e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox) due to the fact that our inbox can not receive files with such size.
File size – up to 200 MB
Acceptable file formats: WebM, MP4
The poster evaluation rubric will be posted shortly.
It is important to remember that organizers may provide additional points during poster evaluation session if:
- you provide a short pre-recorded presentation by the 14th of March, 2021 (see optional requirement above).
- you compose your abstract using the template provided.
- your poster satisfies all given requirements.